KELLCO provides a full spectrum of environmental and engineering services from preliminary investigation to final design and construction oversight.
- Our asbestos and lead professionals are licensed in California and Nevada and in all other states that accept AHERA and HUD training.
- We provide indoor air quality investigations that include mold and other contaminants.
- Our Certified Industrial Hygienist has additional accreditations in asbestos, lead paint and toxicology.
- Our staff includes an NRPP Radon inspector, soil experts, professional geologists, and others.
Order Short- or Long-Term Radon Testing Kits for your personal use in your home or office.
Turn-key Asbestos, Lead and Mold (Fungi) Management
- Inspection (AHERA, HUD, or pre-renovation/pre-demolition)
- Sample collection and analysis
- Risk assessment
- Project design and specification generation
- Management of remediation, abatement and/or demolition quality control
- Clearance testing and analysis
- Expert witness and other legal support
- Pre-excavation soil testing
- Haz-Com training for workers
- Air monitoring during excavation
- Erosion Control implementation & monitoring
- Waste characterization
Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessment
- Investigation and remediation during rebuilding or remodeling
- Underground and above ground storage tank monitoring, removal and remediation
Industrial Hygiene and Indoor Air Quality Services
- OSHA Health & Safety Compliance
- Air monitoring
- Microbial growth inspections
- Radon gas testing
Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Design and testing of complex engineering solutions
- Project management and support services, CADD design, scheduling, specification writing and estimating
- Infrastructure assessments and modifications
Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Engineering
- Geologic and seismic assessments
- Geologic hazard appraisals
- Subsurface exploration
- Hydrogeologic characterization and modeling
- Erosion/sedimentation control and land restoration
Training and Development
- Hazmat, asbestos and lead awareness, O&M
- First Aid, CPR, fire and emergency preparedness
- 40 hour HAZWOPPER
- Regulatory Compliance and Expert Witness
- Asbestos, Lead, and other Hazardous Materials/Waste
- Permitting, Feasibility and Compliance Manual Design
- Radiation and Toxicology
KELLCO is your Federal, Small Business, and Woman-Owned Business Advantage
- State of California – DGS Small Business Enterprise #7022
- Dept. of Transportation (CUCP) Small Women Business Enterprise #6684
- Suppliers Clearinghouse (PUC) Women-Owned Business Enterprise #91KN0081
- Alameda County Small Local Emerging Business #03-90311
- AIHA (Proficiency Program for Air Asbestos Sampling) Lab ID 101734
Over 90% of our business is from repeat clients and referrals.
We like to think of ourselves as “The User Friendly Consultant!”
Radon Facts & Resources by the Radon Lady
- Radon decay products produce alpha particles that are harmful to the tissue in the lungs.
- Radon is the 2nd cause of lung cancer after smoking, killing more people than drunk drivers.
- There are no safe exposure levels to radon. The EPA’s recommendation of 4.0 pCi/L as a trigger for remediation is based on technology and economics, not on safety.
- Buildings with Radon can be fixed – there are many ways of reducing the radon levels inside a building.
- The EPA recommends long-term sampling performed every 2 years after a successful remediation system has been installed.
- For more information:
Short- and Long-Term Testing
Short-Term (3-7 days)
- Gives a “snapshot” of the radon concentrations under “worst case” conditions at the time of the sampling.
- Provides an indication of radon potential. This method is used in real estate transactions and to provide a cursory idea of the radon potential.
- Test performed under normal living conditions.
Long-Term (90-360 days)
- Determines radon levels of the building as used by its occupants.
- Determines average radon levels over longer periods of time under “normal living conditions” for the building with those occupants.
- Test requires “closed house” conditions, where building is closed except for normal entry/exit.
Download a comparison spreadsheet providing more details about both methods.
AirChek Test Kits – $17.95
Easy to Use • Accurate Test Results • Same-day Processing
$17.95 includes; Shipping (via U.S.mail). Fully Certified Analysis (approved in every state and all U.S. Territories). Your complete written report that explains what the result means, and what you may or may not need to do next.